We are on day 31 of 2018. Thus far, we have experienced 40 days of winter, with 50 days left to go. In Indiana that means too many gray days and not enough “squinting at the sun, unable to see the traffic light, blinded by the gorgeous rays” days.
Having a sunny disposition is contagious. This winter, instead of spreading the common cold, spread a little happiness.
- Smile more: Studies show that if you smile, the people around you will smile. Smiling makes everything better. Do it.
- Consider what you do well. Do more of it. This will make you feel good about yourself and spread your natural talent.
- Give someone a 100% sincere compliment.
- Pet your dog, cat, turtle. This will make both of you happy.
- Help someone. Giving to others is the best way to raise your spirits and someone else’s.
- Express your gratitude.
To curb these deary days, bring your own sunshine. It will warm you and everyone around you.